Isle of Wight Trips for SEND / ASN students
Education Destination is committed to helping teachers and SENCOs provide inclusive trips for groups containing students with special requirements.
We work closely with all of our Isle of Wight based partners and venues to understand their provisions and limitations for visitors with additional needs. All our partner venues are required to provide sample Risk Assessments and all are encouraged to publish or develop comprehensive Access Statements.
Once we understand your requirements, we can task our local third-party CMIOSH assessor to undertake any specific checks required. Whatever your particular needs, Education Destination can advise on venues and activities to suit your cohort.
Ways We Can Help
Talk to us
- We can vary activities (both physical and academic) to suit
- We can adapt learning resources and activities or develop specific learning programmes
- Resources can be differentiated to provide inherent flexibility for mixed ability groups - all working to the same task but at different levels
- We can liaise with your SENCO and all of our partners to ensure we understand and are fully prepared for your students
- We will work with your chosen venues to adapt service provision as needed
- We can provide chaperones to boost supervision ratios helping limit the impact the trip will have on other staff
- We can arrange specialist transport, facilities and accommodation if needed
- We will be honest with you about problems we know you might encounter to allow you to come prepared